Monday, January 2, 2012

Snowshoeing and IMCDA Week 9 Training Plan

On the schedule today was a rest day so Cory and I talked my parents into going snowshoeing with us to celebrate our last day of vacation. It was a little windy but still had a great time


I was a little cold so Cory let me wear his coat that he didn't want to use, such a nice hubby!


When we are done we stopped in at a Brewery in Nederlands for Beers. Cory and I decided to split a hard cider.


It's organic so it must be good for me. Also I think this sign needs to be in my kitchen!


We then headed to the grocery store to stock up on healthy food for the week since we both go back to work tomorrow, WAH!

This weeks training plan has a focus on recovery. I am a little bummed that I will be ending the Holiday Booty Buster Challenge on an easy week but I do believe that recovery is important so I will try to stick to the plan!

Monday: Rest day
Tuesday: am: 80 min Interval Run pm: 60 min strength training
Wednesday: 120 min spin class and 60 min pilates
Thursday: Distance swim workout 2.1 mi (getting closer to ironman's 2.4miles) pm: strength training
Friday: 60 min easy yoga or pilates
Saturday: 8 mile endurance run, hopefully on a trail
Sunday: 30-40 mile hill bike workout, I really hope the weather holds so we can be outside and a strength session

Now that I look at it all together I am not seeing all the recovery?!?! I guess it's because we have 2 rest days (Monday and Friday) instead of 1. My goal for the week is to hit every workout and pack yummy healthy food to take to work with me.

What does your week look like?


1 comment:

  1. Great job on your recovery week!

    My week looks like me trying to get healthy after catching the germs that invaded my house over the holidays. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete