Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sausage Spaghetti Squash and Football

We woke up this morning to about 1/4 of an inch of snow. Frustrating that so little snow would keep my workout inside but it was pretty much a sheet of ice and would not be good for a hilly bike ride.

So instead we packed our bags and headed to the gym at 7 am where we spun on our own for an hour before taking an hour spin class. I was pleased that we had a great instructor and I felt like I got a really good workout. Some of the instructors at my gym are great and some are awful. After spin class we hurried to change into dry clothes so we could take the 9 am yoga class.

We haven't taken yoga at 24 hour fitness before but decided to give it a try since it was such good timing. I was pleasantly surprised by the class! It was challenging to hold some poses on tired legs after 2 hours of spin and I got light headed every time I stood up but I think my legs are in better shape because of the good stretch they got.

After our workout we headed home to clean up, eat and clean our house. Exciting stuff I know but it feels so much better to start the week with a clean house and clean clothes!

For dinner Cory made one of my favorite dinners, spaghetti squash with marinara sauce, broccoli and sausage.


Spaghetti squash is a much healthier option to traditional spaghetti:


How to cook spaghetti Squash:

  1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Rinse squash then poke holes in it with a fork
  3. When oven is ready, cook squash until it feels soft when poked with a fork. This is usually around an hour.
  4. Allow squash to cool
  5. Cut in half, remove seeds and scape with a fork.
This is a great meal to make in advance for during the week since you can save the scraped squash in the refrigerator for up to a week.

I like mine best with cheap marinara sauce, broccoli and sausage but you can top it with anything you would put on noodles.

I enjoyed mine with some champagne (for no good reason) while watching the bronco game we had recorded.


What did you do today?

What is one of your favorite healthy meals?


3 comments:

  1. I love the yoga class that is offered by my 24 hour fitness but I haven't gone in awhile.

    Yummy lookin' dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spaghetti squash! Yummy...I like it also with a little butter, capers, garlic salt, kalamata olives and a little bit of parmesan cheese..as a side dish or snack.

    So I'm curious, do you by chance use the 24hr fitness on 80th & Sheridan? I saw a great special to join the other day and was wondering if I should go for it. I checked it out one time but for some reason wasn't wild about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete