Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011 and Turkey Day 10K Race Report

I hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving! I had the best time, I love, love, love having my family in town.

Our turkey day started off just the way I like it with a fun family race. My mom ran the 5k (she is recovering amazingly from plantar fasciitis)


You can tell where I get my smile from


Cory and I ran the 10k, we didn't treat it as a race since our legs were pretty beat up from everything else this week so we treated it like a fun run and had a great time. It was a beautiful day, last year it was seven degrees this year it was in the mid fifties.


It was such a beautiful day, I wish we could have gone for a bike ride too but there was no time, there was lots of cooking to do.


Cory and I made the pies and mash potatoes for thanksgiving, it is so nice to cook in my parents huge kitchen.



Pie!

It was such a fun holiday, full if my favorite things: family, food, fun and fitness!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, I am glad you are in my life too.


4 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a fantastic Thanksgiving. Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that your family gets involved in activities for Thanksgiving. My plans for running a 5K were thwarted by unhappy arches, so I went for a 24 mile bike ride instead. With family out of town, it's become me and my boyfriend's tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ran the same turkey trot! The 5k :) This year and last and you are so right it was much nicer out there this year. It is very pretty up there such a gorgeous view of the mountains. Sounds like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you had a good Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete