Friday, October 7, 2011

KONA

Anyone else super excited about the Ironman Word Championship in Kona? I am having such a good time reading about all the shenanigans that some of my favorite super athlete bloggers are having. Even if you aren't a tri-tard I suggest checking some of them out since yesterday was the traditional underwear run, their bodies are SICK! If you want to follow along check out Sonja, Michelle, James, Beth, and many others. I am excited to stalk them online tomorrow.


In other news I have to admit that I lied. I said I wasn't going to race in October but Coach Charley is putting on a local 5k called Running with the Buffalos. The race promotes health and wellness in Commerce City and there is great support from the local schools and community. Last year the prizes included shoes and (anatomically correct) buffalo trophies. So if you are in the Denver area with nothing to do come on out, I would love to meet you!


Tomorrow it should be about 40 degrees and raining for the race and I am having a hard time figuring out what to wear. It's been warm for so long that I have forgotten how to run in the cold (I will need to figure that out quick for all the long winter runs I will be doing).

I don't think I will need to dress in snow gear, although I will be tempted since I am not used to the cold. We had a very mild winter last year. This was taken in January.


I don't know if we will be so lucky this year.


1 comment:

  1. Yes! Yes! I am excited to stalk people at Kona tomorrow! So excited for them! I suppose that makes me a tri-tard? Hah!

    I have a little mini race that I am supposed to be running tomorrow, otherwise I might have come out to Running of the Buffalos. Ummm, yea, it's going to be cold tomorrow. Brrr.
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete