Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Iron Distance Triathlon Coming to Colorado in 2012

It was just announced that there will be a Iron distance triathlon in Fort Collins, CO in 2012!

The HITS triathlon series is going to put on a full triathlon series including an open, sprint, olympic, half and the full distance.

I am excited that a full is finally back in Colorado, it is about a month after Coeur d'Alene on July 28th and 29th so I am so tempted to sign up for a second go at an ironman. I am not sure if this is a great idea, I will at least race the half.

Fort Collins is the cutest little college town, we ran our marathon there in May:

Marathon finish coming into old town.

We also ran our first half marathon there the Horsetooth Half Marathon in 2010.

The swim will be in beautiful Horsetooth Reservoir

Fort Collins is such a nice place to race! Who wants to come out and race it with me? Don't live in Colorado? I have a spare room!


3 comments:

  1. A friend let me know this last night. I found it both exciting and scary since I had recently told someone the only way I would ever do a full is if one came to Colorado. ...Crap.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to do an Ironman someday! But wow, I checked the website out and it said that it was VERY hilly. Eeek!

    I ran the Colorado marathon a couple of years ago, you're right, such a cute town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog via Julia up there and Beth! Julie told me about this event coming to FoCo and I'm tempted to do the 70.3 as my first HIM. After all, what's not to like about Fort Collins?!

    ReplyDelete