Most triathletes a gear junkies, and have to admit Cory and I are too. We spent almost all day running around looking for triathlon stuff, spending way too much money and we still have a long list of stuff we "need". We came home will this haul today:
We ended up at Runners Roost this morning before heading out for a run trying to replace my trail shoes. They didn't have my size but they did have 50% off triathlon apparel. We happily stocked up on tri shorts, running shorts, a running skirt, deck sandals and some nutrition or "treats" as Cory calls them. We ended up at REI, Target, Bike Village and another Runners Roost by the end of the day.
Somewhere in there we did get our run in. We went to Bear Creek Lake Park where we could enjoy the fall colors.
Cory took a video of me running so I could see my form. He didn't tell me he was filming, and I am glad he didn't because I think I would have ran weird if I had known. check out my "heel whip" on my left side. since my femur is twisted in at my hip socket I tend to whip my foot like this. This is actually an improvement from a few months ago. I will keep working on it...baby steps.
Earlier this week Julie from You Just have to TRI! gave me The Versatile Blogger Award
- You have to thank the giver and provide a link to the post
- Share 7 random facts about yourself
- Award 15 other newly discovered blogs the same award
Now seven random facts about me:
- My favorite color is purple
- One of my favorite things in the world is classic coke, but I rarely drink it
- I was once a zoo keeper and worked mostly with great apes, hippos and rhinos
- I love fashion but don't talk about it much here because this is a triathlon/running blog
- My house was built in 1928 and I am secretly afraid it is falling down
- I was TERRIFIED to learn how to ride my bike with clipless pedals (ofcourse this means that I was clipped in)
- My first "real" job was a college math teacher and I sometimes miss it
Adventure is Out There
Run Jess Run
Miles, Muscles & Mommyhood
Tall Mom on the Run
Miles, Miles and More Miles
Feet in Motion...
I Dream of Running
Happy Saturday night everyone!