Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Goals for the week

Oh man I haven't done a "goals for the week post in a long time! feels like it's time to get back on the wagon.

I haven't taken myself seriously as an athlete, I tell everyone I am slow and not that impressive. But if I want to be faster and reach my big goals I better start believing that I AM an athlete and treating myself as such. So my first goal is not really a measurable one (totally breaking the rules of setting goals but whatever).

  • Start believing that I am an athlete and acting like it
I may not be able to measure this goal exactly but I will try to look back every week to see if I am believing it and acting like it yet. For the rest of my goals I will keep them simple:
  • Follow my workout plan for the rest of the week, no excuses.
My plan for this week is:
Wednesday: 90 min spin
Thursday: 5 mile run finish with plyos
Friday: 60 min pool workout
Saturday: 6 mile trail run (this will be so nice, it's been a long time since I have been out on the trails)
Sunday: 40-50 mile bike ride
** Also 30 mins every night of my PT exercises, I am getting stronger!

The weather looks like it will cooperate just fine for this plan check it out!

  • Eat like an athlete (follow my plan and track everything I eat)
I hate tracking my calories but I haven't done it in a long time and it's time to get back to it.

I have one last parting message for myself and all of you out there.


Sorry for the f-bomb but believe it!


6 comments:

  1. Hi Girl!

    love the GFTW;-)

    how was your race?...I'll go read more of your blog and see...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I love the poster! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals! AND, love the poster at the end! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am knew to your blog, you have solid posts, I love the quote "Start believing that I am an athlete and acting like it"

    ReplyDelete