Friday, December 31, 2010

I MUST be on vacation….

*workout: run 3 easy miles and walk 1 with the dogs

Yesterday we went snowshoeing under the most brilliant blue sky. It was so beautiful with the snow glittering and the sun shining.

Then we bundled up and headed out to the stables for a horse drawn sleigh ride.
It was really cold but so worth it to drool over the horses.

We then made it home where I promptly pored myself a glass of wine and got a head start on my resolution to learn to cook.

I used this recipe to make “healthy” clam chowder with rustic garlic bread.

It turned out really good!

This year I am staying in, to have cake and champagne. I have to be up at 6:30am to run a very snowy, cold half marathon and I am really looking forward to it. What are you doing tonight?

Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I have been meaning to try snow-shoeing! Your pics make it look devine! And, a sleigh ride?!?! Are those your horses??

    Love your pic of you and your adorable PUG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, did it get cold FAST or what??!! UCk. I was snowshoeing last week near Frisco and it was so nice and warm....not sure how you did it yesterday but glad you got out there and then got home to warmth :).

    Happy New Year!!! Hope to be seeing you sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete