Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Rudolph's Revenge

Rudolph’s Revenge was not a great a race for me. I ran the first two miles at sub 8 mm but then I had the WORST asthma attack I have ever had in my life and ran the last mile in over 10 minutes. I am talking fall down to the ground gasping for air right after crossing the finish line and having race officials seriously threaten to call an ambulance. Not cool. But it was really fun to race again with my family. My mom and Cory did great. Mom to first in her age group (go mom!) and Cory took fourth in his, only 2 seconds behind the third place finisher, his time was 21 min and I can’t remember the seconds. My time was 26:57 landing me at 8th in my AG out of 77, given the circumstances, I will take it.

Today I am hosting a work “meeting” at my house, I use quotations because there will be drinking. I made sangria, I hope it’s good!


I spent all day Sunday and some of yesterday making home made candy for my team, including; salted caramels, walnut fudge, dark chocolate truffles and peppermint bark.



Finished candy gift boxes


Today is my last day of work until after new year (YAY!) can’t wait to really start enjoying Christmas. Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. I am SO sorry about your asthma attack! I got your email and felt very bad as I know that is just so difficult. Ryan had some really bad asthma problems during the 10K and couldn't run well at all, either. He was slowed to about a 9 min/mile whereas he should have run sub 7:10's. Guess it was just the cold weather. Glad you are ok now. And holy cow, can I come over for some holiday treats? Looks heavenly!!

    Have a very, Merry Christmas, Beth (did your blog gift exchange gift arrive? I'm so out of it and can't even remember anymore who has and has not received, sorry if I already asked). We'll for sure get together one day soon!!!

    ReplyDelete