Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Ironman Lake Tahoe Training Week 1!!!

Good morning everyone, today was my first day to wake up back at 4:20am, it was a little painful after a week and a half vacation from work and super early alarms. It will get easier as the week goes on but it's always a little bit of a shock. It's already Wednesday (whaaaaaat?) but I thought I would list this weeks workouts since it's my first week in base training for Ironman Lake Tahoe. I have a long way to go so it's time to get after it!
Lake Tahoe#.jpeg

Monday: 2000 m swim with short transition to 2 hour bike ride brick
Tuesday: 13.2 mile run
Wednesday: 90 min spin class
Yoga/Pilates Class
Thursday: 60’ Tempo Run
Swim: 2900 yds
Friday: 75 minute spin  
Strength session
Saturday:
Swim/Bike Brick:Swim – 2500 yds, short transition 75’ on a spin bike
Sunday: 14 mile endurance run
Strength Session

5 comments:

  1. It is interesting to see everyones IM training plans, my volume is no where near yours... yet.... but it will be soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BDD are you doing Lake Tahoe too? I am terrified of the course, I made the mistake of looking at it again this morning.

      Delete
  2. i am hoping we make to that race! would love to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be SO amazing Lindsay!!! I will keep my fingers crossed.

      Delete
  3. I heard that course was super tough... go you for tackling it! Sounds like you have an intense week of training. Hope it's going well.

    ReplyDelete