Thursday, February 10, 2011

Melt Down

Luckily not my melt down....the snow!

I am so happy to see the streets clearing up and not to have my hair freeze when I go outside. still hoping to ride my bike outside on Saturday.

This mornings workout was a little baby brick, very soon we will start half ironman training but a short brick workout is a nice way to ease in. Our baby brick consisted of a 1.5 hour spin class and 2.5 mile run on a treadmill. In the spring our bike-run bricks will get longer and will move outside. For now the spin and treadmill combination is a nice easy alternative.

Do you do brick workouts when training for a triathlon? If so, what do you do?

Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. I know, right?! We're supposed to have some AWESOME weather this weekend!

    Last year I flirted with doing a duathlon (bike/run) so I did a few brick workouts. Legs like jelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Envy you getting to ride outside! It's going to be May before we're ready!

    My coach has just started incorporating bricks last week, just small runs (15 minutes) off the bike. I think the most important purpose of bricks is to get the legs used to the feeling of transitioning from bike to run. I don't think a lot of miles running off the bike are necessary in training. I think I did 3mi max in my HIM training and think I'll max out around 5 during IM training. Everyone thinks differently about this though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth! I recently started reading your blog, found it in a round-about sort of way.I think it's great though! I also do triathlons so I'm looking forward to following you. I do bricks, as painful as they are, I know they help me in the long run. I've done similar ones like you, spin class/treadmill or when the weather is nice everything outside.

    ReplyDelete