You can putt any topping you want on the crust but this is a fun new one for us. You do need a sourdough starter to make this crust
- 230 g (1 Cup) sourdough starter
- 100 g (~1 Cup) whole wheat flour
- 12 g (1 tbls) vital wheat gluten
- 2 Tbls purified water
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1 Tbls dried oregano
- 5 Cloves or garlic minced coarsely
- Feed starter and set out on counter the night before.
- Mix together all the ingredients and knead for about ten minutes.
- Spray a medium sized bowl with oil and flour and allow dough to double in size, about two hours.
- When dough has risen, preheat oven to its hottest temperature. While the oven is heating, roll out dough on floured counter. Place desired toppings on pizza.
- Once oven is hot, use a pizza peel to place the pizza on hot stone and cook until crust is cooked completely and cheese is melted, about ten minutes.
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup dried figs
- In heavy non-reactive (stainless steal or enameled cast iron) sauce pan over low heat cook figs and vinegar until liquid is halved. making sure to ventilate well. Stir frequently and make sure to not let the liquid boil.
- Carefully puree figs and vinegar with immersion mixer.
- Allow to cool.