Monday, January 17, 2011

Week 3 Goals

Week three goals and week two recap:
  1. Get back on track by following my training plan all week
  2. Really, actually do plank.....really.
  3. Track my calories all week to get a baseline try to stay between 1600 and 1800 calories
  4. Don't stress at work too much, it's going to be a draining week but it will pass.
Week 2:
  1. Enjoy NYC and try not to lose too much sleep. Check =)
  2. Plank every night (this one hasn't been going so well so far) Not even once, with the flu it just wasn't happening
  3. Be present while in all day meetings Yup, I really learned a lot
  4. Pace myself well on Saturday's race so that I put up a good time (for me) and also not have an asthma attack. Didn't race =( but Cory took third in his age group, way to go baby!
To work on my new years resolution to learn to cook healthy meals I wanted to share a Salmon cake recipe that Cory came up with. They are seriously good, especially with a big spinach salad.
These are simple, healthy and quick salmon cakes.
Prep Time: 20

Cook Time: 10
Ready In: 30
Yields: 4 servings


INGREDIENTS:

2 6-oz cans salmon, drained well
2 eggs
2 stalks celery (75g), chopped
1/2 small onion (75g), chopped
5g fresh minced garlic
10 drops Worcestershire sauce
2 tbl cold milled flax seed
1/4 tsp salt 1 tsp dried thyme
pepper

50g panko bread crumbs
extra virgin olive oil, divided

DIRECTIONS: In medium sized bowl combine all ingredients up to and including the salt. Mix panko bread crumbs, thyme and pepper in small bowl. Divide the wet mixture into 8 balls and coat with bread crumbs and set aside. Heat oil in non-stick skillet and cook until done, flipping halfway through.

Workout today was 50 minutes on the bike trainer:
No, I didn't ride in my jeans, with my eyes closed. Cory was trying to position my tri bars, I seriously need a bike fit!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time in NYC and hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!
    I hear ya with the healthy cooking! that dish looks de-lish!;-)

    ReplyDelete