Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Race Medal Ornaments Revisited

I have received a few questions about what to do with race medals so I thought I would repost this from last year about how I turn race medals into ornaments. One medal that wont be getting snipped this year:IMCDAmedal.jpeg


Maybe Cory will want to put his on the tree? but not me!!!


For most of the year the race medals that Cory and I get sit in a pile and collect dust. We could get a fancy medal hanger and display them but instead we save them until Christmas time so we can turn them into ornaments.


It's fun to think back on the races we have done over the year while decorating the tree. This time of year is a great time to think back on all the fun we've had this year.




It's pretty simple but I thought I would share how I make medals into ornaments.



Step 1: Cut the ribbon in half




Step 2: tie ribbon in a bow if you like it, if you don't want a big bow on your tree you can remove the ribbon and use a metal ornament hanger.




Step 3: Hang on your tree and enjoy for years to come.




Simple and easy, just the way I like it!





3 comments:

  1. Hey, I have that same red one and yellow one. (Except my ribbons for those are blue and green, from 2012.) This is a really cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! 9 o f them. I'll have to see what The One In Charge thinks. Maybe down at the bottom since they are immune to anything the cats could do to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea! I've removed the ribbon from one medal and hung it up with just a standard metal wire hangar, but I love the idea of snipping it and tying it in a bow.

    ReplyDelete