Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Changing Plans

Because my gym changed it's class schedule I had to change my training plan, it's not perfect but I think it's the best given the options open to me. In general my plan will be as follows, specific lengths will change based on what I am racing that month.

Monday: Rest and yoga

Tuesday: AM: swim(this will be open water swimming in the summer). PM: RMTC track practice

Wednesday:brick (spin class straight to treadmill run) PM: strength training

Thursday:AM: ride outside or on trainer PM: masters swim


Friday
: 6 mile tempo run with an easy 1600 m easy swim (this can be open water in the summer)


Saturday: long ride


Sunday: long run



I am trying masters swimming for the first time, I am nervous that I will be the slowest one there and it will kill me but I am looking forward to the challenge.


The other change that I found out today is that my boss is leaving our department and I will now have a new supervisor. I like my new supervisor but it will be a big change for me day to day. Have said lately how much I love my job?
I know it's a broken record, but there really isn't anything better than living your dream.

What is your dream job?

3 comments:

  1. I love that picture!!

    I dream of my dream job and I know I'm getting closer each day to figuring it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you doing your masters class? I want to join a program too!

    My dream job would be teaching high school cross country running! I would LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the new training plan. Sounds well balanced! masters swim....ours is at 5:30am ICK!

    ReplyDelete