Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tips to Make Your Bike Commute a Breeze

I have written about this before but it's summer and it's a great time to give bike commuting to work a try. Here is how I make it work:

I bike commute to work quite often. It doesn't really count as part of my training as it's less than two miles from my home to work. Admittedly the proximity makes it pretty easy for me but I have a routine that makes it easier for me so I really wouldn't mind if I had to ride further.

First I pack my lunch (I almost always bring my lunch) wrap it in a plastic bag and place it in the bottom of my backpack. I put it in the bottom in case it leaks, I don't want anything to end up on my work clothes.

I then lay out all of the clothes and accessories I want to wear that day to make sure that I don't forget anything



I pack special jewelry in little bags to make sure it doesn't get scratched

I pack everything into a canvas bag to keep everything together in my backpack
I then just throw on shorts, a t-shirt, shoes and my helmet to ride in.

Do you ever bike commute? Any more tips to add?

1 comment:

  1. If it's less than two miles, why not just wear your work clothes? That's what I do.

    ReplyDelete