Thursday, June 13, 2013

Active Release Techniques

Hi everyone-


Happy Thursday! I want to start with a question for all of you. Has anyone ever used ART (Active Release Techniques)?




images.jpeg


ART is defined as:



ART is a patented, state of the art soft tissue system/movement based massage technique that treats problems with muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves. Headaches, back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, shin splints, shoulder pain, sciatica, plantar fasciitis, knee problems, and tennis elbow are just a few of the many conditions that can be resolved quickly and permanently with ART. These conditions all have one important thing in common: they are often a result of overused muscles.





What is an ART treatment like?



Every ART session is actually a combination of examination and treatment. The ART provider uses his or her hands to evaluate the texture, tightness and movement of muscles, fascia, tendons, ligaments and nerves. Abnormal tissues are treated by combining precisely directed tension with very specific patient movements.




These treatment protocols - over 500 specific moves - are unique to ART. They allow providers to identify and correct the specific problems that are affecting each individual patient. ART is not a cookie-cutter approach.


I am thinking of trying this therapy for the little "thing" I have been feeling in my knee. Thought? Have you tried it?


All information was found at the ART website




3 comments:

  1. Yes, I had it done after I was diagnosed with a minor tear of a meniscus in my knee. Seemed to work fine on muscle issues. I also had some prolotherapy done about the same time.

    Just recently, for something else, I had some Intra Muscular Stimulation, and that seemed to work really well for my issues. However, if you have a problem with needles, the last two will not be good for you. Good ART will take you to where you are about to whimper with pain.

    Good luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done it. I had a glute thing that was nagging and just didn't go away on its own even during off season. It took about 8 weeks of treatments 2x per week but it fixed it and I trained right through it. I totally believe in it!

    Actually...in those treatments I had grasston which used a tool like that looked basically like a butter knife scraped over the facia. It scared the crap out of me to see Dr K come at me with his knives....but maybe that's because he was a bronze medalist at the 88 Souel games in Greco Roman wrestling (for real!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had it done and I loved the hurt-so-good feeling, but came out feeling almost bruised once. My injury improved, but I don't know if it was the ART or just plain rest, so I'm pretty skeptical of it. I found that I could pinpoint the same muscles and deep massage them myself by rolling on a tennis ball on my bed, which is much cheaper.

    ReplyDelete