Tuesday, April 16, 2013

My Heart is in Boston

As a middle/back of the pack runner I may never make it to the Boston Marathon but what happened yesterday still feels a bit like a personal attack. There may be millions of runners in the world but somehow it still feels like a small tight knit community. I tossed and turned last night and had trouble sleeping thinking about all the people who were hurt or had a loved one injured. I hurt for everyone affected and I hurt for the sport I love. This incident makes me want to do what I can so I will find ways to contribute (I am sure there will be organized ways to contribute, I will participate), I will give blood (it won't help people in Boston but it will help someone) and I will run and that will help me.




8401694697.jpeg


I will run another marathon and if I ever qualify for Boston I will show up with a fearless spirit. My hope for all the runners out there is that you band together, you go for a run and find peace.


Boston4.jpg



No comments:

Post a Comment