Monday, April 29, 2013

Designer Whey Product Review

The nice people at Designer Whey sent me this giant box of product to review at the beginning of the month. Luckily for me this month has been full of opportunities for recovery.

IMG_1051.JPG

I used the powder in my green monster smooth, it was delish!

3cafd8b0ab6411e29f3922000aa80254_6.jpg

The shake was super convent after my longest swim of the year
1efbae18ae8211e28e5722000a9f195f_6.jpg

And the bars were great in Moab and after my long run today
b8073bb6b0e611e298dd22000a9f3c77_6.jpg

I really enjoyed all the products I have tried so far and after my current stash runs out will definitely restock!

Some of the benefits of Whey Protein for Designers Whey's Website:

High Biological Value


Whey is superior to all other forms of protein, boasting the perfect amino acid profile for muscle building, strength, and recovery. Based on its biological value (BV), the measure of a particular protein’s effect on nitrogen balance, as well as its protein digestibility corrected amino acid score (PDCAAS), a measure of how well a particular protein supplies the nine essential amino acids, whey protein scored higher than meat and eggs!

Whey protein also empties from the stomach and is absorbed into the bloodstream faster than other proteins, which results in speedier muscle recovery. As such, it is the preferred choice for post-workout nutrition when the body is in a catabolic state.

Strong Amino Acids


Whey protein contains high concentrations of the branched chain amino acids that are metabolized during exercise, most notably valine, isoleucine, and leucine.

Abundant Antioxidants


Perhaps just as impressively, whey protein works as an antioxidant to boost your body’s immune system. In fact, scientific studies have shown that regular supplementation with whey protein can help prevent illness and disease.

I was provided with this opportunity via my affiliation with FitFluential. I was given the products at no cost to myself, but was not compensated in any other way. All opinions are my own!


No comments:

Post a Comment