Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Week 27 Ironman Coeur d'Alene Training

Less than 50 days to go…..GULP!

This week is another “Peak Week” but it is a little less than last week. I am still a little sore from this weekends workouts but spin felt pretty good this morning, hopefully tonight's hills will go well too.
Around mile 25 and feeling good

This weeks workouts looks like:

Monday: 30 minutes weights and 60 min yoga.

Tuesday: am 75 min spin class
pm- 8.5 miles of hill work and hip/core exercises

Wednesday: am- 3100 m swim practice
Also am (have late work meeting)- 8 mi progression run

Thursday: am- 32 mile bike ride outside(hopefully)
pm- 3000 m swim

Friday: 80 min pilates and hip/core exercises

Saturday: 80 mile bike ride with 3 mile transition run

Sunday: 16 mile progression run and 60 minute strength session

Totals for the week:

Swim: 3.8 miles
Bike: 130 miles
Run: 35 miles
Strength: 4 hrs
Totals:  21 hours and 168.8 miles

My goal is to not miss any workouts, sounds easy enough but with workouts happening so often it’s easy to miss one or two. For example last week we missed a swim workout because our dog kept us up most of the night and I just couldn’t get out of bed to swim after 4 hours of sleep and running 10 miles the night before. There really is no time for “make-ups” so if I miss a workout I just have to move on to the next one.

I just ordered Chrissie Wellington's book and I can't wait to get it!

 I think reading this book will help keep me motivated in these last few weeks of training.

Read any inspirational books lately? One of my favorites is The Long Run by Matt Long.

5 comments:

  1. Have a great week of training. The last motivational book I read was "The Secret."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go girl, go! This is awesome. Interested to hear what you think of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 21 hours of training? Holy Sh!t girl, that's insane! But in a good way :).

    Did you end up running Greenland last weekend? Are you doing the full Colfax? I'm signed up for the full but pretty sure I'll dial down to the half.

    Keep being strong, lady!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh... 21 hours of training! I just finished reading Bowerman and the Men of Oregon. It was a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please let me know how the book is!!! You are KILLING this IM training - so so so awesome!! Keep it up, you're going to OWN CDA!!!

    ReplyDelete