Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Happy Mother's day to all the mamas out there! I had a great day with my mom. This is the first year in many that we have been able celebrate with mom on mother's day, it's so nice having my mom and dad in the same state.

When I suggested a mother's day race my mom was all in. After going over a few choices we decided on the Title 9K in Boulder. I have to say it was an AWESOME choice, this was a great race. We had a great time.

We arrived early so packet pickup was easy, I just wish they had some coffee.
 
The race started at Boulder Reservoir, this morning the reservoir was calm and beautiful. The race even personalized our bibs.
We were pretty excited about the race, it's been too long since we have ran together. 
 
 My brother, dad and husband came to cheer us on.
The race was set up nicely with time corrals, unfortunately a lot of people lined up incorrectly and we were stuck behind a slow crowd for the first half mile. Luckily this was just a fun run and we got to see the boys all over the course.

Caught mom zooming past some other racers!


The course was beautiful, mom and I had the best time running and chatting
We averaged a 10 minute mile and mom's longest run since she was injured last year. I am so happy for her and her progress knowing how much she loves running. Also she took third in her age group out of 25, my mom kicks ass!

After the race we headed back to mom and dad's house for brunch including waffles and mimosas. It was a great day and I am so happy I got to spend it with my mom.


How was your mother's day? I hope you all had a chance to celebrate or be celebrated!



3 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great way to spend the day with your mom! Congrats to both of you on a great race!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an awesome way to spend the day with your mom! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete