Tuesday, August 2, 2011

July Recap

Even though I have been whining lately July was pretty fun here are some of the highlights:

Cory and I continued our 5th anniversary celebration by going to one of our favorite restaurants, The Melting Pot

We went to the Louisville location, it has a mine shaft theme.

The food was great and the company even better. We also had some fabulous trail runs before my knee gave up on me.

I was fortunate enough to travel to San Diego for work where I went to a workshop with the San Diego Zoo's Conservation department. They put us up in some swanky accommodations

I had the best time

Learned a lot

And met some fantastic people

Cory and I then Traveled to Portland (my favorite city ever) where we visited the Japanese gardens

So pretty, we were lucky enough to get a guided tour so we learned a lot. We then headed down for a quick tour of the rose gardens.

On Saturday we visited Portland's Saturday Market where I bought some hand made jewelry, the worlds coolest lamp that is being delivered soon and indulged in one of Cory's favorite things:

We visited family and went to Cory's brother's wedding reception (they ran off and tied the knot in Vegas in May) the happy family

Overall it was a good month and I am happy to move on to August. I know summer is fun but fall is my favorite season and I can't wait for cooler weather, turning leaves, holidays, baking and football. Counting down the days.....

What's your favorite season?


1 comment:

  1. Wow... sounds like a fantastic month! :)

    I love fall... don't think that there is a better season here in Ohio! Now if we could just make it last longer...

    ReplyDelete