Thursday, August 11, 2011

Food, Glorious Food!

I would say that Cory and I are planners, so when it comes to buying food for the week we plan out our diners and rarely "wing it". I like to know what we are going to buy and hate throwing away food that has gone bad. We start by making a dinner menu for the week (we don't plan lunches or breakfasts, we just make sure we have the usual ingredients in the house) We then make a shopping list.

Can you read the menu? It looks like all unhealthy foods like tacos, pizza, burritos, etc. It looks bad but these are all healthy, homemade versions. Here are our fish tacos with mango salsa from last week, SO YUMMY!

After making our list we head out, we almost always end up at two different stores, our favorites are Costco and Sunflower Market. Here is our haul:

We are pretty good at sticking to our menu, admittedly sometimes we end up with takeout (usually Indian)after a stressful day at work.

Do you plan out your meals, or do you decide as you go?


2 comments:

  1. Not a planner here but I love Sunflower market!!!

    Fish tacos look good...the only ones I've ever liked are the ones I make at home. Every time I order them I think they are nasty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing... plan dinners for Monday through Sunday and then a shopping list of what will get all the meals made. We do swap out things here and there, but at least we know we have 7 nights worth of dinners!

    ReplyDelete