Monday, August 13, 2012

Fall Planning

Is anyone else sick of summer and ready for it to be fall already? I know as a triathlete I shouldn't want summer to be over because that means the end of triathlon season but it has been HOT here in Denver and I am ready for cooler weather.

Something that always gets me excited for the next season is race planning. My goals for the fall are low key, nothing crazy big, focus on getting lean and preparing to start Ironman Lake Tahoe training in January. I know it's not technically fall yet but please bear with me....



Rattlesnake Triathlon: August 18-19 still deciding on the sprint or olympic



rattlesnaketri-logo.gif



Lead King Loop 25k (hint hint honey, I want to do this for my birthday) - Sept. 16






Boulder half Marathon - October 21st going for sub 2 hrs!



_wsb_505x331_2010-Boulder-Marathon-start-best-1.jpg

Anthem Turkey Trot - 5k or 10k

and the winter distance series that I have done for the past two years will take me into 2013 with a 5k, 5m, 10m


That's it for the plan, a lot of repeats here so I will have to look for something fun and new to do as well.

How far out do you plan your races?

4 comments:

  1. So, I'm not even 100% sure how your blog ended up in my google reader, but I also live in Denver and I do triathlons so it's not a total mystery. Anyways, I am doing Rattlesnake this weekend, and I'm doing Oktoberfest as well! My goal is always more about finishing without dying and not really so much time, but to each her own. :)

    Good luck, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel- Maybe blogger is playing matchmaker? Best of luck with your races! My goals are usually just to improve and have fun =)

      Delete
  2. I am so ready for Fall! I am tryng for a half marathon that I will be running in Nov and its hard because I am running in such heat right now and the temps then will be in the 50-60s! Oh how I wish it would cool off. Erica
    ericasrunningjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. fyi, they are moving the Anthem Turkey Day 5K/10K out of Anthem. They haven't announced where yet but I hope they keep it close. I love running that race on Thanksgiving morning!

    I'm running the Heart Center of the Rockies Half in November. Its a great race ~ small, well-run and cheap! $50 entry fee includes a long sleeve tech tee and big pancake breakfast.

    ReplyDelete