Thursday, September 29, 2011

Things that are making me happy this week...

Work had been demanding BUT it has still been a pretty fun week. On Sunday Cory and I raced our last triathlon of the year, it was a small local sprint call Oktoberfest, it was a (mostly) fun race and my only sprint of the year. Full race report coming soon.

On Sunday evening we headed to a Coeur d'Alene 2012 BBQ. A bunch of RMTC members are signed up so we wanted to get together to meet each other, celebrate, and make plans for winter training and spring races. It was SO nice to meet other crazy triathletes and even get to meet Sonja who is such an inspirational athlete, and her daughter Annie is even cuter in person. Randi, the host made this sign:

It was SO exciting to see the sign and think about the upcoming year. I think I am as excited about the training as I am about the race, we'll see if I still feel that way when we get to peak training. She also made us these super cute cookies.

It was a great night, I can't wait to get started!!!

Monday was my 31st birthday, and while I had to work it was a great day because when Cory got home we headed off to the apple store where I picked out an iPad 2 as my birthday gift, I LOVE it! I will be able to keep up on everyones blogs on the go now :) oh and read work email.

I need to spend some time really figuring out how it works, I really like it so far BUT am frustrated about downloading pictures so it may be more difficult than I wold like to write my own blog on it.

Tonight I have my second PT appointment, I am happy to be working on strengthening my weaknesses and getting my body ready for ironman training.

What has made you happy this week?


1 comment:

  1. I love the cookies! Such a great idea! I look forward to following along on your Ironman journey! So exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete