Saturday, September 10, 2011

Prepping for Harvest Moon Half Ironman

Today is full of prepping for the Harvest Moon Half Ironman. Cory is still going to race the full triathlon, I switched to the aqua-bike given my knee injury. I have to admit that I am tempted to try to race the full 70.3 but know that the run would not go well for me.

This race has pretty good swag

I particularly like the tech shirt and pint glass.

Note the sperm helmet....

I then set to laying out my gear, packing for an aqua-bike is almost as bad as a triathlon.

Lastly I wanted to make some Peanut Butter Balls to eat while on the bike. I found this recipe a few months ago on Frayed Laces and have been making them ever since. They are way cheaper than buying pre-made nutrition and I like that I know what is in them.

After melting the peanut butter and honey I added the dry ingredients. I didn't realize that we were low on oats until I had already started so my peanut butter balls will be oat light this time.

I keep the formed balls in the refrigerator so they don't dry out. They are so good it's hard not to just eat them.

I packed up enough balls, honey stinger chews and shot blocks to equal 800 calories.

I think I am ready to go other than eating and heading to bed.

Good luck to all racing the Vegas 70.3 tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment