Thursday, June 23, 2011

How Anal Can I Be

I am pretty anal about race prep and the fact that I have the week off before this race makes it very easy to be even more anal about it. I even planned the day before the race out hour by hour. I didn't do this for my marathon in May and ended up very stressed and running around the night before. I don't want to do that again!

I love to make lists and lay things out in piles. Here are my piles for race day including piles for pre race, t1, t2, special needs and post race

I also planned out and bagged my nutrition for the day.

This is what I did for most of today, planned and prepped, tomorrow is also full of pre race activities. We did sneak in a 3 mile run with my mom to preview the 5k course and a two mile walk to the store. We saw the welcome sign for athletes and had to get a picture.

But the best part of the day was buying this super cute new tumbler with the best almond iced coffee ever!

Tonight will be filled with relaxation and going over plans for Saturday

How anal are you when prepping for races?


2 comments:

  1. So glad that I'm not the only one who's super anal! :)

    That cups is way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far this season I've been really lax about things, throwing it together at 7:30 the night before, but those were just sprints...I just started this week to really start panicking about things that go along with the longer races, so I imagine I'll be a little more anal too. :)

    Good luck and above all have fun!

    ReplyDelete