Monday, November 22, 2010

Weekend happenings and other things

We didn’t train at all this weekend and it was such a weird feeling. This is supposed to be a recovery week but I don’t think doing nothing was really the best thing. Normally I would blame it on being lazy because I love being lazy , but not this week. We are hosting six people for Thanksgiving and there was just too much cleaning, shopping and cooking that had to be done. We also shopped for and bought a new couch as well as sold our old ones this weekend.

It’s amazing how much time it takes to exercise on the weekend. We spend about four hours actually moving but it’s all the other time that adds up. We normally try to run somewhere other than right around our house because we get sick of it fast so there is driving time. There is also digesting time because I refuse to go out without two cups of coffee and a cliff bar. Afterwards we have to cool down, stretch, roll on the foam roller, possibly take an ice bath and shower. This process can add up to six hours each day! We just didn’t have time for that this weekend. As our training hours ramp up I think I will need to find ways to trim down the extra time possibly so that I have extra nap time =) At least my legs will be fresh for the turkey day 10k I am running on Thursday.

Things on my mind this week:
• Need to finish my Christmas list
• Need to start my Christmas shopping list
• Need to make an agenda for when my parents are in town for Christmas
• Need to decorate for Christmas

Can you tell I get excited for Christmas, it really is my favorite time of the year and I can’t wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment