Monday, February 3, 2014

Ironman Los Cabos Training – 9 weeks to go...

It's a shame that nothing has been posted in between training updates, I don't want this to become just a training log, but for now this is what week 9 looked like. We had lots of snow that kept me indoors more than I would like. It was also a recovery week so a little lighter than normal. I had hoped to work a massage in as well but house hunting and Superbowl watching (boo) won out. 

Monday:
Planned rest day

Tuesday:
40 minute MAF run
75 minute trainer ride

Wednesday:
4000 yd swim (longest in awhile) 

Thursday:
90 minute trainer ride

Friday:
3000 yd swim
Saturday:
4 hour trainer ride (not too bad but would much rather be riding longer outside)

Sunday:
Snowy long run


Totals:
Swim: 7000 yds // 2hrs 36 min
Bike: 77 miles // 6 hrs 45 min
Run: 15.8 // 3 hrs 4 min
Strength: 0 min

Total: 12hrs 25min


This definitely felt easier than the last few weeks, as it should for a recovery week. I am looking forward to stepping it up the next three weeks for peak training bring on 20+ hour weeks and hopefully riding outside! 

2 comments:

  1. What do you think of MAF training so far?? I actually think right now it's really helping me get stronger and faster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also curious to know more about MAF training… is it just for running? I had a recovery week last week, too, and dang, it was nice :)

    ReplyDelete