Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Weekly training plans and food

I realized I haven’t posted my weekly training plan in a while so here is my week:

Monday: 35 mile ride
Tuesday: am interval swim 2500 meters, pm interval run approx. 5 miles
Wednesday: am 36 mile ride, pm yoga
Thursday: am: 6 mile run, pm masters swim
Friday: strength training
Saturday: 18 mile trail run ( must find easier trail so it won’t take me 8 hours)
Sunday: open water swim 1.5 miles and Ride 55 miles

I will take everyone’s advice and just try to suck it up buttercup on the heat, I grew up in Portland so this Colorado heat gets to me sometimes and I become a giant whiney baby about it.

Ironman update: Ironman Mont Tremblant is now full so it won’t be an option for me in 2012, so I think I will try for IM Canada if I can’t get into that then I will just have to decide between Vineman and Ironman CDA, I can’t wait to sign up!

Last I want to talk about FOOD! I love to eat and TRY to eat healthy foods. I pack my lunch and take it to work everyday. I tend to eat the same things with little variation, here is my lunch for today:


Salad with strawberries, blue cheese and walnuts
Some kind of fruit today includes watermelon and an apple
Greek yogurt with fruit today I cut up a white peach
And some type of vegetable today is a red pepper

Anyone have any suggestion for variety? Keep in mind I am cheap, lazy and a vegetarian…..you can see why this is difficult :)

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Funny, I've been eating a lot of the same type of salad. Every summer I love to routinely make a mixed greens, strawberry, walnut, blue cheese, (and usually some additional fruit - grapes, apples) salad with raspberry vinaigrette dressing. So damn good. But I'm not a vegi, so I don't really have any good suggestions for you.

    Nice job with your half iron. I'll be watching to see which full you end up with. I'm doing Arizona in November!

    ReplyDelete