Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Peak Ironman Training

The last couple of weeks have been pretty crazy, peak training was intense but I still (mostly) enjoyed it. I wasn't able to focus on training as much as I would have liked to because of crazy work obligations and my grandmother spending 3 nights in the hospital (she is fine now, in fact better than when she went in). Our last week looked like this:

Monday: 60 min strength
Tuesday: am: 30 mile ride
pm: 10 mile interval run
Wednesday: am: 75 min open water swim
pm: 90 minute hill repeat run
Thursday: am: 30 mile bike ride with pick-ups along the way
pm: swim 3350 m
Friday: 45 min yoga
Saturday: 2 mile open water swim to a 20 mile run
Sunday: 75 mile ride with 25 minute transition run

We even found some time for a little fun:
 And a little family time
 What I know now after finishing the bulk of my ironman training is that I WILL DO THIS AGAIN, probably next year. Might be a little more difficult given that I am in grad school and work full time, but I like a challenge. More later on taper, but mostly I am enjoying the extra time to get my summer classes going!

2 comments:

  1. great job on such a big week! can you believe we're so close?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is intense! Keep it up. Any key advice for someone's first Ironman?

    ReplyDelete